new zealand eta
New Zealand eta / New Zealand visa.
New Zealand eTA Visa Online Application
An electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) is a new entry requirement that provides authorisation to travel to and enter New Zealand for short-term stays, tourism or business visitor activities. All non-citizens require a Visa or electronic Travel Authorization to enter New Zealand.
The New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorisation) is an electronic travel authorisation which was launched by the Immigration Agency, Government of New Zealand after July 2019.
It is obligatory for citizens of all 60 visa waiver countries to obtain New Zealand eTA Visa (NZeTA), and all cruise travelers, by October 2019. All airline and cruise line crew will also need to hold a Crew New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) before travelling to New Zealand (NZ).
The New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) visa is valid for a period of 2 years and can be used for multiple visits. Applicants can apply for NZ eTA from their mobile, tablet, PC or computer and receive it in their email inbox by using this New Zealand eTA application form.
It is quick process which requires you filling an New Zealand eTA application form online, this can as little as five (5) minutes to complete. This is a completely online process. The payment for NZeTA can be made by Debit / Credit card or PayPal. New Zealand eTA (NZeTA)visa is issued within 48-72 hours after the application form has been successfully completed and fee paid by the applicant online.
Who needs an eTA Visa for New Zealand?
Before October 1st 2019 there used to be a number of nationalities who could travel to New Zealand without obtaining a visa for up to 90 days. Citizens from the UK can enter for up to 6 months and Australians hold residency status on arrival.
However from October 1st, 2019 onwards, passport holders from all 60 visa waiver countries are required to apply for a New Zealand eTA Visa before travelling to the country, even if just transiting through New Zealand on the way to a final destination. The eTA New Zealand is valid for a total of 2 years.
If coming by cruise ship, you can apply for New Zealand eTA Visa regardless of your nationality. You do not have to be from a New Zealand Visa Waiver country to get New Zealand eTA if mode of arrival is cruise ship.
All citizens of the following 60 countries will now need an eTA to visit New Zealand:
All Europen Union citizens
Every Nationality can apply for New Zealand eTA Visa Online if coming by Cruise Ship
Citizen of any nationality can apply for an New Zealand eTA Visa (New Zealand Visa) if arriving New Zealand by a cruise ship. However, if traveller is arriving by air, then the traveller must be from a New Zealand Visa Waiver or Visa Free country, then only will NZeTA (New Zealand eTA) be valid for the passenger arriving into the country.
Information required for online NZeTA
New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) applicants will need to provide the following information at the time of filling out online eTA application form:
- Name, surname and date of birth
- Passport number, expiry date
- Contact information such as address and email
- Declarations of health and character
New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) Online Visa Specifications Specifications
- Citizens of 60 nationalities can apply for NZ eTA if coming by air
- All Citizens can apply for NZ eTA if coming by cruise ship
- NZeTA allows 90s day entry to New Zealand (180 days for UK Citizens)
- NZeTA is multiple entry, and valid for 2 years
- You must be in good health, and not be arriving for medical consultation / treatment for being eligible for New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorisation (NZeTA)
- You are encouraged to apply 72 hours in advance of your travel to obtain NZeTA visa
- An online form must be submitted and paid for at New Zealand eTA application form
Australian citizens are exempt from applying for the eTA NZ. Australian permanent residents of other nationalities —regardless of whether they carry a passport from an eligible country or not— need to apply for an eTA but are not required to pay the associated tourist levy.
Other exemptions from the New Zealand eTA Visa Waiver include:
- Crew and passengers of a non-cruise vessel
- Crew on a foreign ship carrying cargo
- Guests of the New Zealand Government
- Foreign citizens travelling under The Antarctic Treaty
- Members of a visiting force and associated crew members.
Before you Apply for New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization (NZeTA)
Travelers who intend to apply online for New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization (NZeTA) must fulfil the following conditions:
A Valid passport for travel
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the departure date, that the date when you leave New Zealand.
There should also be a blank page on the passport so that the Customs Officer can stamp your passport.
A valid Email ID
The applicant will receive New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization (NZeTA) by email, therefore a valid Email ID is required to receive eTA NZ. The form can be complete by the visitors intending to arrive by clicking here New Zealand eTA application form.
Purpose of visit should be legitimate
The applicant, at the time of filing application for NZeTA or at the border may be asked to provide purpose of their visit, they must apply for the right type of visa, for a business visit or medical visit, a separate visa should be applied.
Place of stay in New Zealand
The applicant will need to provide their location in New Zealand. (such as Hotel Address, Relative/Friends Address)
Method of Payment
Documents that the NZeTA applicant may be asked at the New Zealand border
Means of supporting themselves
The applicant may be asked to provide evidence that they can financially support and sustain themselves during their stay in New Zealand. Either a bank statement of credit card may be required for an eTA NZ applicant.
Onward/return flight or cruise ship ticket
The applicant may be required to show that they intend to leave New Zealand after the purpose of trip for which NZ eTA was applied is over. An appropriate New Zealand Visa is required for a longer stay in New Zealand.
If the applicant does not have an onward ticket, they may provide the proof of funds and ability to buy a ticket in the future.
New Zealand Transit Visa
What is New Zealand Transit Visa?
New Zealand Transit Visa allows an individual to transit from New Zealand via air or water (Aircraft or Cruise ship) while making a stopover or layover in New Zealand. In this case you do not need a New Zealand Visa but instead need a New Zealand eTA Visa.
While stopping over at Auckland International Airport towards an onward destination towards a third country other than New Zealand, you need to apply for an eTA New Zealand for Transit. All citizens who are from New Zealand Visa Waiver (New Zealand eTA Visa) countries can apply for New Zealand Transit Visa which is a special type of New Zealand eTA (electronic Travel Authority) without the International Visitor Levy component in the NZeTA Visa.
Note that if you apply for eTa New Zealand for Transit then you are not allowed to go out of the Auckland International Airport.
Who is eligible for New Zealand Transit Visa?
Citizens of countries who have a bilateral agreement if New Zealand Government are eligible for New Zealand Visa for Transit (NZeTA transit). This list is kept up to date at New Zealand Transit Visa waiver countries.
What is the difference between New Zealand eTA and New Zealand Visa?
New Zealand eTA offered on this website is the most convenient entry authority available in usually one business day for the citizens of New Zealand Visa Waiver countries.
However, if your nationality if not represented in the eTA New Zealand country list, then you have to apply for a long winded route of New Zealand Visa.
- The duration of stay is limited to six-month maximum at a single stretch for New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA). Therefore, if you are intending to stay in New Zealand for a longer duration then eTA New Zealand will not be suitable for you
- Moreover, there is no need to visit New Zealand Embassy or New Zealand High Commission for New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA), whereas you are required to pay an in person visit for obtaining a New Zealand Visa.
- Further, New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) is dispatched electronically by email, whereas New Zealand Visa may require a stamp on the passport. New Zealand eTA has an added benefit of being eligible for multiple entries.
- The application for New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) is quite simple and easy which requires answering health, character and biodata questions generally, and the New Zealand eTA Application Form can be completed in under two minutes, whilst the New Zealand Visa application can take several hours to days to complete.
- Most New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) get approved by the same or the next business day while some taking up to 72 hours, whilst New Zealand Visa can take several weeks to get approved.
- All European Union and American citizens are eligible for New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) which implies that New Zealand views citizens of these countries as low risk.
- For all practical purposes, you should consider New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) as the new type of New Zealand Tourist Visa for the 60 New Zealand Visa Waiver countries.
What type of New Zealand Visa is required if coming by Cruise Ship?
If you are planning to visit New Zealand by cruise ship, then you are eligible to apply for New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA). You can spend short stays in New Zealand up to 90 days or 180 days depending on your nationality on the NZeTA.
Citizen of any nationality can apply for New Zealand eTA if coming by cruise ship.
If you are an Australian Permanent Resident then you can avail the New Zealand eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA) without paying the International Visitor Levy (IVL) component Fee.
What are eligibility requirements for New Zealand eTA Visa?
The following are the key eligibility requirements to acquire a New Zealand eTA Visa (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA).
- A passport / travel document that is valid for three months from the date of entry into New Zealand
- A working and valid email address
- Debit or Credit card or Paypal account
- Purpose of visit must NOT be Medical related, see New Zealand Visa Types
- A citizen of New Zealand Visa Waiver countries if coming by Airplane route
- Duration of stay should be limited to 90 days at a time (180 days for British Citizens)
- No current criminal conviction
- Should not have a history of being deported or removed from another country
United Kingdom, Taiwan and Portugal permanent residents are also eligible to apply whilst other individuals from other countries also require a passport from the said country.
What are the Passport requirements for New Zealand eTA Visa?
The following are passport requirements for New Zealand eTA Visa (New Zealand electronic Travel Authority or NZeTA).
- Passport must be valid for up to 3 months from the date of entry into New Zealand.
- Passport must be from a New Zealand Visa Waiver country if coming by Air.
- Passport can be from any country if coming by Cruise Ship.
- Name of New Zealand eTA Visa Application must match details as exactly shown in passport.
Our services include
Scroll left and right to see the content of the table
24 / 365 Online Application.
No time limit.
Application revision and correction by visa experts before submission.
Simplified application process.
Correction of missing or incorrect information.
Privacy protection and safe form.
Verification and validation of additional required information.
Support and Assistance 24/7 by E-mail.
Email Recovery of your eVisa in case of loss.
130 currencies and China Union Pay card
- NEW ZEALAND eTA
- NZeTA APPLICATION FORM
- NZeTA ELIGIBILE COUNTRIES
- NZeTA VISA WAIVER COUNTRIES
- NZeTA F.A.Q.
- NZeTA VISITOR INFORMATION
- APPLICATION FORM GUIDE
- FIRST TIME VISITORS
- BORDER SECURITY CHECK
- NZeTA vs REGULAR VISA
- ACTIVITIES PERMITTED ON NZeTA
- TOURIST TIPS
- COMING BY CRUISE SHIP
- FIRST TIME VISITOR
- NEW ZEALAND LIFESTYLE
- CURRENCY AND WEATHER INFO
- TASTE OF MAORI CULTURE
- POPULAR GLACIERS
- FESTIVALS IN NEW ZEALAND
- EXPLORING MOUNT COOK
- BEST AUCKLAND RESTAURANTS
- MOST LOVED SPORTS
- TOP ADVENTURES IN N.Z.
- SKIING IN NEW ZEALAND
- SKYDIVING IN NEW ZEALAND
- BIRDS & ANIMALS
- NEW ZEALAND ROAD TRIPS
copyright by www.newzealandvisaeta.com